Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Laser mfp 137 fnw

I have bought a brand new Hp Laser printer, I have just printed less amount of pages about 50 pages ( normal letter pdf files and ID Copies ) than usual brand new printers does and unfortunately printer display screen had popping  ''low toner'' error moreover my issue is please to know that Is that compatible with normal demo toner or Am I having issue with the toner? 

if that so why these kind of well known companies selling like printers with cheap kind of toners, please let me know about this matter.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sajath, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Do the toner cartridges show low ink in the ink level monitor, or are they actually running out of ink as evidenced by deteriorating print quality?

There are a few things to prevent excess toner usage:

• The printer should always be plugged into a live outlet.  If you use an external switch such as an outlet switch then more ink will be used at each startup.
  • Do not run cleaning cycles from the computer's toolbox or the printer's front panel.  These are rarely needed (perhaps once for each half dozen cartridges) and will use ink.
  • Printing in Draft mode may have acceptable quality while providing about 2x the pages of Normal or Best modes.  

If you still have issues, please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

First of all Thank you for your reply, the thing is that The monitor shows "Very  Low Toner" , I bought the printer just 3 weeks ago and printed 5 or 6 pages per day totally 50-60 pages now the printer monitor shows "Very low toner'' now I'm thinking I should have bought another brand because they are giving a fully filled toner surely my previous printer is Canon So I know that . when I'm contacting the shop where I have bought the printer they said 'the printer comes with the demo toner and only you can print up to 99 pages'. Is that True?

HP Recommended

@Sajath

No, the preinstalled toner can print up to 500 pages. Could you check for any ink leaks?

Also, reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the toner replacement.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.