Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5020 All-in-One Printer

I bought the printer in Hong Kong, and moved it with me to the UK. How can I set the ink cartridge region so that the printer is compatible with the ink cartridges sold in the UK?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Crystal1223 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to help you.

I understand you have moved and the printer is not accepting the new region cartridges.

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I have sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko
HP Support

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Crystal1223 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to help you.

I understand you have moved and the printer is not accepting the new region cartridges.

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I have sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko
HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. I have replied through private message. Looking forward to working on this with you!

HP Recommended

Hi Treeko

I think I am having the same issue with my HP Envy 5020.

I purchased the printer in Singapore but recently moved to the UK and it won't accept the UK cartridges. Would you be able to send me the regional reset procedure?

Thanks

Davyjam

HP Recommended
Product: HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2775 All-In-One Printer

Hi there, Please help me. I came to Ecuador for a job, Bought a printer HP DESKJET INK ADVANTAGE 2775 AL IN ONE. I bought the original cartridges from USA. and I know I got the message that incompatible cartridges. 

Thank you

Daniel

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.