Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to reset the region settings on my printer so that I can use the ink cartridges that are available in the country I now live in. How can I get help?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Kilion

Welcome to the HP support community.

You can use HP 950 and HP 951 cartridges in any region you are in and do not have to do a region reset.

Here is the list of cartridges which you can use in your region.

Refer this printer specifications for more information:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I’ll give it a try to see if it works. Thank you. 

HP Recommended

@Kilion

Yes, you can try at your leisure.

Feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I bought HP 950 and 951 ink cartridges from the HP store, and they are all z10 cartridges that are incompatible with my printer. 

I’d like to change the regional zone of my printer to z10 or get a full refund for the ink cartridges. Thank you. 

HP Recommended

@Kilion

Try the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the cartridge error:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The solutions do not work as the ink cartridge is incompatible with my printer. I need a region change for my printer for it to be compatible with z10 ink cartridges or a full refund for the cartridges I purchased from the HP store. 

HP Recommended

@Kilion

This night require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.