Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I set up my HP Deskjet 2630 when I purchased it 2 years ago. I am now trying to use it for the first time in a while, with new official HP cartridges, as my old ones had run out, and HP Smart is saying I need to use SETUP cartridges, which I no longer have.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dale39

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for Setup Cartridges

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I have tried chatting to the virtual agent, which sends me to the support page, which doesn't answer my query. I've seen in other similar topics in the forum that a support agent has helped to remove the setup cartridge requirement from HP smart. I'd really rather do this, if possible, rather than pay for a support package and talk to someone on the phone, as I have setup my printer before and it has previously worked perfectly having used the setup cartridges, then successfully using regular official HP cartridges.

HP Recommended

@Dale39

Unfortunately the Deskjet 2630 doesn't have the option to access the Support Menu to make changes to bypass the Setup Cartridges.

Only few model Printers with Control Panel have that option 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.