cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Dale39
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

SETUP cartridge error

HP Recommended
Deskjet 2630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I set up my HP Deskjet 2630 when I purchased it 2 years ago. I am now trying to use it for the first time in a while, with new official HP cartridges, as my old ones had run out, and HP Smart is saying I need to use SETUP cartridges, which I no longer have.

3 REPLIES 3
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,902 20,889 1,272 1,297
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dale39

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for Setup Cartridges

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Dale39
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I have tried chatting to the virtual agent, which sends me to the support page, which doesn't answer my query. I've seen in other similar topics in the forum that a support agent has helped to remove the setup cartridge requirement from HP smart. I'd really rather do this, if possible, rather than pay for a support package and talk to someone on the phone, as I have setup my printer before and it has previously worked perfectly having used the setup cartridges, then successfully using regular official HP cartridges.

0 Kudos
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,902 20,889 1,272 1,297
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dale39

Unfortunately the Deskjet 2630 doesn't have the option to access the Support Menu to make changes to bypass the Setup Cartridges.

Only few model Printers with Control Panel have that option 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation