Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Example: Officejet 6950

My printer reports show that my alignment is out so I start this task by printing then when I scan the sheet it fails to complete the task which fails to re -align my printer heads

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @logout ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Print a "printer status report"

upload here, click on the icon "Insert photos", "Set format = Large", original size at least 200 KB.
But before you must remove or delete the personal data and printer serial number on the printout.

Regards
Andr-1611

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @logout ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Print a "printer status report"

upload here, click on the icon "Insert photos", "Set format = Large", original size at least 200 KB.
But before you must remove or delete the personal data and printer serial number on the printout.

Regards
Andr-1611

HP Recommended

logout_0-1638484464070.png

logout_1-1638484497940.png

logout_2-1638484524233.png

logout_3-1638484583542.png

Hi thank you for your response as you can see it just isn't correct.

HP Recommended

Hi thank you for responding, just some more info also, my warranty ran out just under 4 months ago but now after a conversation with someone I remember there was a notification for a faulty cartridge (Cyan) but I cant find it now as I erased it but it said they sent a replacement out and just to dispose of the faulty one but it looks to me that blue (cyan) is not coming through when printing, I have always used HP smartink contract for this printer from day one, I am now thinking the head could have been damaged with the faulty cartridge, can you please advise.

Kind Regards 

gerry 

HP Recommended

Hi Gerry,

1. I absolutely need the "printer status report", see Message 2

2. read this informations: 'Incompatible' or 'Defective Cartridge' message 

3. follow these instructions here: Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

Regards
Andr-1611

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.