Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 300 color MFP M375nw
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, I would like to share with you a problem that happened to me on my Hp laser printer.

I thought it would be useful to post it here, as I've never seen anyone mention this problem.

After I completely cleaned and overhauled my printer, strange white dots appeared on the prints, and everything looked very light. At first look, I didn't notice the small dots, I thought I had not installed my transfer roller properly, causing a light print. I actually spent an hour and a half taking the roller apart and putting it back together multiple times, making test prints, with no results.

That's when I noticed that there were white dots absolutely everywhere on the page. The strangest thing was that they seemed to be very aligned with each other.

So I had the idea (I didn't believe it) to simply reset the printer. Not even an nvram reset. I simply went to the printer menu, clicked on reset.

The first page I printed after the reset was back to normal again!

I hope this helps someone, I thought I had damaged the printer by cleaning it.

I don't know if it's allowed to post only solutions, if not I'm sorry!

Ps : My cyan cartgridge just ran out, that's why no color appear in the cyan aera.

Before ResetBefore ResetAfter ResetAfter Reset

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.