Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp OfficeJet 8600

BF brought the printer from his home to mine said he wasn't  able to install it fully. I turned it on and it stated that to check the ink cartridges  for leaks. So I changed them out. As soon as I recycled  the power on the printer it requested the starter ink cartridges  that I just took out. So I changed them back and it now says to check for leaks all over again. Patience is getting thin. Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MzMJC, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

There could be some ink spilled in the printhead of the printer and has to be cleaned.

Refer to this document to know how to remove the printhead from the printer to clean it. 

Also, do you get an error to use the setup ink cartridges? If yes, then we will have to perform a reset to bypass the use of these ink cartridges so that you may use regular HP ink cartridges.

The ink cartridges that go with the printers are setup ink cartridges that are designed to initialize the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks so much. Yes it keeps requesting the setup cartridges in an error message. If you can tell me how to bypass  that it would be awesome!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.