Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
M180nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was using my printer yesterday with no issues and then this morning the printer installed a firmware update and now the printer display states 'Supply Problem' and the ink level graphics for each color have '?' on them. Please email me  the previous version firmware for my printer M180nw so I can use the cartridges I purchased and that have worked perfectly until the latest firmware update. I ALSO PUT A NEW SET of cartridges in to see if that would resolve the issue which you know wouldn't help. so I'm now out double the money I've spent on cartridges.  I'm retired and I'm living on a budget so if I have to buy cartridges again I'll be buying a different brand of printers and never purchase another HP product. 

Regards

Unhappy Customer

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Scarr411

Welcome to the HP support community.

• Turn the printer off and then on.

• Remove and then reinstall the imaging drum.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

this doesn't work.  need another solution to clear the "printer memory" issue.  very frustrating that a firmware update from HP disables HP printer from being used.  if this cannot be resolved by HP then my next printer will not by an HP.  please advise ASAP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.