Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart

I have a 564XL ink cartridge that has ink according to the level report, but doesn't print anything. I've tried cleaning the heads, and that didn't help.  It is an Original HP cartridge, and it has a warranty date of 2020/11.

My printer itself is not under warranty, but the cartridge is.

I can't find any way to submit the request or contact anyone.  The prescribed methods of Original HP Ink Cartridge Warranty page says to use the "Contact Us" page.  But, I can't find a way to successfully indicate printer ink as the product (all look ups come back as no product found).  When I put my printer in, it just says that the printer is not under warranty, and to contact the community.

When I call the support number, it just forces me to use the virtual agent, or contact us to create a ticket.

When I use the virtual agent, it just points me to the Original HP Ink Cartridge Warranty page.

So, the answers are circular.

How do I submit a warranty claim for the Original HP Cartridges?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@RBS2 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are trying to submit the Ink Cartridge Warranty request.

In that case, I would suggest you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi. 

I have tried all this.  Let me ask more specific questions based on your reply:

"2) Select the product type."

Do you mean the ink cartridge or the printer?  If the ink cartridge, how do you select an ink cartridge on the "contacthp" page?  I don't see it as an option anywhere.  So I don't know how to do this step.  If you mean the printer, see my response to #5 below.

"3) Enter the serial number of your device..."

Again, do you mean the ink cartridge or the printer? Ink cartridges don't have serial numbers, as far as I can tell.  So I don't know how to do this step. If you mean the printer, see my response to #5 below.

"5) You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed."

When I type in my printer and my serial number, I just get a message that it is out of warranty.  But, I'm not trying to get support for my printer.  I'm trying to get support for the Ink Cartridge, which is still under warranty according to my understanding from the Original  HP Ink warranty page.

HP Recommended

@RBS2

I understand your concerns.

I have sent you a private message.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I have the same question ... my 933xl yellow cartridge out of the box prints in GREEN! How to I make a warranty claim?? i have called HP support and get directed to the website to get a case # ... which doesn't work. HELP

HP Recommended

There is NO WAY to submit an ink cartridge warranty claim online.  Trust me, I've spent the last hour getting routed in circles on the website.

There is NO SUPPORT PHONE NUMBER listed on the the website anywhere.  I have to assume that HP does not honor it's warranty on ink cartridges (mine are new, warranty expires in March 2022).  I have to chalk up the $88.08 I spent on June 12, 2020 for four cartridges to an expensive lesson learned about HP's ethics.  I'll get future cartridges from more faithful and reliable companies.

HP Recommended

Hi @Bodhi29,

I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region regarding replacement options 

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

and, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.