cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Trying to submit Ink Cartridge Warranty request

HP Recommended
Photosmart

I have a 564XL ink cartridge that has ink according to the level report, but doesn't print anything. I've tried cleaning the heads, and that didn't help.  It is an Original HP cartridge, and it has a warranty date of 2020/11.

My printer itself is not under warranty, but the cartridge is.

I can't find any way to submit the request or contact anyone.  The prescribed methods of Original HP Ink Cartridge Warranty page says to use the "Contact Us" page.  But, I can't find a way to successfully indicate printer ink as the product (all look ups come back as no product found).  When I put my printer in, it just says that the printer is not under warranty, and to contact the community.

When I call the support number, it just forces me to use the virtual agent, or contact us to create a ticket.

When I use the virtual agent, it just points me to the Original HP Ink Cartridge Warranty page.

So, the answers are circular.

How do I submit a warranty claim for the Original HP Cartridges?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,449 10,450 445 698
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RBS2 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are trying to submit the Ink Cartridge Warranty request.

In that case, I would suggest you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. 

I have tried all this.  Let me ask more specific questions based on your reply:

"2) Select the product type."

Do you mean the ink cartridge or the printer?  If the ink cartridge, how do you select an ink cartridge on the "contacthp" page?  I don't see it as an option anywhere.  So I don't know how to do this step.  If you mean the printer, see my response to #5 below.

"3) Enter the serial number of your device..."

Again, do you mean the ink cartridge or the printer? Ink cartridges don't have serial numbers, as far as I can tell.  So I don't know how to do this step. If you mean the printer, see my response to #5 below.

"5) You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed."

When I type in my printer and my serial number, I just get a message that it is out of warranty.  But, I'm not trying to get support for my printer.  I'm trying to get support for the Ink Cartridge, which is still under warranty according to my understanding from the Original  HP Ink warranty page.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,449 10,450 445 698
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RBS2

I understand your concerns.

I have sent you a private message.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Have a nice day!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same question ... my 933xl yellow cartridge out of the box prints in GREEN! How to I make a warranty claim?? i have called HP support and get directed to the website to get a case # ... which doesn't work. HELP

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation