Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im hoping someone can help I factory reset my printer yesterday as it was registered to someone else, downloaded and installed the printer again am able to scan  to computer but I cannot print the screen tells me *the ink cartridges  are not compatible with your printer*. The ink cartridges were enrolled in the HP instant ink program previously set up by someone else on this printer.  Is there a way to install the ink again on this printer. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Cezzy49 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

These might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

The Instant Ink cartridges are (were) tied to the previous owner (user) Instant Ink subscription.

Once the subscription is cancelled (or terminated by any means, including neglect to pay the subscription fees), the Instant Ink cartridges lock and can no longer be used in any printer, including the printer where the subscription was active in the past.

The Instant Ink cartridges should have been returned to HP at the conclusion (termination) of the subscription.

Information >> Read your regional Terms of Service contract > Topic / Section: Cancellation

At the least, all the Instant Ink cartridges must be removed from the printer.

Purchase ink to use with the printer.

What else?

If you wish to subscribe to Instant Ink, contact Instant Ink Support (links and information included later in this message).

Will that work?  Possibly, though you do need to print out the claim form and that requires ink in the printer (that works).

OR

Wait for a volunteer agent to possibly find and respond to your question.  If there is an agent response, you will see it here before being contacted using other means.

Note that you will likely still need your own ink for your printer.

Even assuming you can subscribe to the service, there is a delay between sign-up and the first deliver of ink.

Things that are Instant Ink 

Start here!

TKB article contributed by HP JessikaV

Open and Read   HP+ Plans: Ink and Toner

Article includes an explanation of the service.

Need more ink?  How to Order >>  Read Section: Timelines for cartridges delivery

And

Instant Ink Support Website

HP Instant Ink Support - Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

➡️  ➡️  Scroll down > Click Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink

Need Help?

Phone contact, where available, will be posted on the main website (front page).  For example, look for the contact number in the blue ribbon just beneath the introduction section / image.

Enrolled in Instant Ink? 

Check for Support contact options in your Instant Ink Account.

Of Interest… Be Informed!  Understand your Options and Responsibilities!

Section Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink

FAQ section > READ How does HP Instant Ink work? – Be sure to read all the FAQ sections.

The all-important Contract > Link is located below the FAQ section > READ Terms of Service Contract

NOTES: 

It is NOT necessary that you be enrolled to read the contract

Contract:  Open the main website > Change region / flag > scroll down just past the FAQ

Cancellation  >> READ the Terms of Service Contract.

The Terms of Service contract also provides contact information, usually in the very first section.

Examples

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - USA

Instant Ink – Terms of Service - UK

TERMINI DI SERVIZIO DI HP INSTANT INK - Italy 

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - Ireland

CONDITIONS GENERALES D’UTILISATION DU SERVICE HP INSTANT INK - France

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help much appreciated, I think buying a new printer is the way forward. Didn't realise it would be so complicated could kick myself for factory reset of printer, never mind lesson learnt. 

HP Recommended

@Cezzy49 

You are welcome.

The Factory Reset didn't do the printer any harm - it just cannot resolve / fix Instant Ink Cartridges still being in the printer and it leave you with also having to reload / adjust all other other setups.

Were it me, I'd purchase a new printer.

I like newer tech more than older tech.

Smiling.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.