Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8040

I unenrolled from instant ink. Now my printer keeps giving me error messages and will not recognize my ink cartridges. Please advise

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Mee22 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

This is expected behavior.

Instant Ink cartridges that are part of the subscription service are yours to use as long as the service is active.

Instant Ink cartridges remain the property of HP.

After the contact is terminated,

All Instant Ink cartridges must be removed from the printer - and these should be returned to HP for proper disposal.

After the service is terminated, Instant Ink cartridges lock and can no longer be used in any printer.

Remove the cartridges and purchase HP ink to use in your printer.

Reference

TKB Article contributed by HP JillSa

Cancelled Instant Ink service and now I can't print  

See the Terms of Service contract for details on the service.

HP Instant Ink Terms of Service.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you. I did purchase new cartridges but the printer is still asking me to connect to instant ink. 
also,  I know this may be far fetched but I feel with as much as I paid into instant ink, my instant ink cartridges should work until they are empty

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.