Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4175 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I am a medical student. I need almost 30 pages to be printed everyday. They include colorful figures and texts. As I didn't have much knowledge about printers and I trusted hp as a good brand I brought this printer with around 128.44 Dollars. I was told that the black cartidge will print 450 pages. But alas! These cartidges don't print more than 150! Every cartidge costs 11.09 dollars here which is 8 percent of the printer's price! Instead of buying these it would be much easier to buy an another printer easily. What kind of justice is that?

What should i do now? Smash it up? it's my fault that I didn't know that inks cost more than human blood.

Keep up your business. GOD BLESS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You could do some research prior to buying and looking for an HP Smart Tank printer?

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You could do some research prior to buying and looking for an HP Smart Tank printer?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Can you suggest one please? 
Factors: Less maintenance time, Less costly refills

HP Recommended

Any you can afford. The cost of ink refill is close to 0 compared to other printers, and you will receive ink for 6000 pages. 

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.