Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

During the summer I purchased an HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile All-in-One Printer. The ink cartridges came up for replacement so I ordered them from Amazon. Upon arrival, I installed them only to have an error message come up about the color one. I have scoured these forums for help and ultimately it seems that I am dealing with a defective cartridge and need to contact customer support. However I am finding it impossible to connect with an actual human. When I try the virtual agent, it tells me that my warranty expired on October 09 2020, which I find strange given I purchased the device new from Staples on July 4, 2020. 

I am stuck in virtual assistant hell with a $400 paperweight that won't take HP's own expensive ink cartridge. What a disappointment.

Screenshot 2020-10-19 121603.pngScreenshot 2020-10-19 121701.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@macnewbie 

It can all be sorted, of course.

Normally, when the printer is new and you register the product, the Warranty information is updated.

The second line of defense is to initiate the Warranty Dispute.

Lastly, since for whatever reason, this did not happen, and you now need service,

one of our Community agents can assist.

I will send your concern for review.

For those reading:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Warranty Check / Product Registration

• Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards

Register HP Product and Registration FAQ

• Check the Warranty on your product

Warranty Check – Single or Multiple Devices

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)

Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document.  Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for taking the time to help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.