cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Travis_M
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

What is going on here? The bottom row is after changing to new toner cartridges.

HP Recommended
Color Laser Jet Pro M254dw
Other

IMG_3475.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,696 25,576 1,412 1,484
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Travis_M

Welcome to the HP support community.

Print a cleaning page

Follow these steps to print a cleaning page:

1. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch Setup ().

2. Touch Service, and then touch Cleaning Page.

3. Load plain, white paper when you are prompted.

4. Touch OK to begin the cleaning process.

5. Try to print again to see if the issue is resolved,

Check the scanner glass for dirt and smudges

1. Gather the following materials:

• A clean, lint-free cloth or any cloth that does not come apart or leave fibers

• Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might damage the printer)

• A chamois or a cellulose sponge

2. Press the Power button to turn off the printer, and then disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.

WARNING: 

You must disconnect the power cord to avoid the risk of injuries or electric shock.

3. Open the scanner lid.

4. Moisten the cloth, and then clean the scanner glass and the white plastic backing underneath the scanner lid.

CAUTION: 

Do not use abrasives, acetone, benzene, ammonia, ethyl alcohol, or carbon tetrachloride on any part of the printer; these can damage the printer. Do not place liquids directly on the glass or platen. They might seep and damage the printer.

5. Dry the glass and white plastic parts with a chamois or a cellulose sponge to prevent spotting.

6. Connect the power cable to an outlet, and then press the Power button to turn on the printer.

You can rere this HP support document for more assistance:- click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation