Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
63xl ink

How do I find a list of all the printers that use HP 63xl ink cartridges?

I recently picked up a 2132 DeskJet (impulse purchase) to use in my office (it's been great, thx!), but for my home office (multiple laptops, tablets, and wireless desktop computers) I need a printer with wifi and a scanner with a document feeder (least expensive, of course).  I'd strongly prefer to get something that uses the same ink cartridges, HP 63xl (black & color), but I haven't found a way to search for just those.

Please note that I don't want to sign up for HP's instant ink program (my usage is too variable for it to be cost effective for me).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Community!

It seems HP is making it harder than it should be to find this information, but the following printer models that use HP 63 ink.

For your needs the HP Officejet 4650 may be a good choice - it is an all-in-one with wifi and an adf.

Check this models:

HP DeskJet 2132 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 2133 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 2134 All-in-One Printer 

HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 3631 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 3632 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 3633 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 3634 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 3636 All-in-One Printer

HP ENVY 4512 All-in-One Printer

HP Envy 4516 All-in-One Printer

HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer

HP ENVY 4522 All-in-One Printer

HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer

HP OfficeJet 3831 All-in-One Printer

HP OfficeJet 3832 All-in-One Printer

HP OfficeJet 3834 All-in-One Printer
HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer
HP OfficeJet 4652 All-in-One Printer
HP OfficeJet 4654 All-in-One Printer
HP OfficeJet 4655 All-in-One Printer

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Community!

It seems HP is making it harder than it should be to find this information, but the following printer models that use HP 63 ink.

For your needs the HP Officejet 4650 may be a good choice - it is an all-in-one with wifi and an adf.

Check this models:

HP DeskJet 2132 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 2133 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 2134 All-in-One Printer 

HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 3631 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 3632 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 3633 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 3634 All-in-One Printer

HP DeskJet 3636 All-in-One Printer

HP ENVY 4512 All-in-One Printer

HP Envy 4516 All-in-One Printer

HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer

HP ENVY 4522 All-in-One Printer

HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer

HP OfficeJet 3831 All-in-One Printer

HP OfficeJet 3832 All-in-One Printer

HP OfficeJet 3834 All-in-One Printer
HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer
HP OfficeJet 4652 All-in-One Printer
HP OfficeJet 4654 All-in-One Printer
HP OfficeJet 4655 All-in-One Printer

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Much appreciated!

HP Recommended

Actually, HP makes it quite easy to locate compatible printers and supplies from the SureSupply website here:

https://h22203.www2.hp.com/SureSupply/

You can search either by your printer model number, or the supply number.  If you search by supply number, you can click on the supply name link and there is a tab showing 'compatible printers'.

Hope that helps!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

@Spectre_Envy wrote:

Actually, HP makes it quite easy to locate compatible printers and supplies from the SureSupply website here:

https://h22203.www2.hp.com/SureSupply/

You can search either by your printer model number, or the supply number.  If you search by supply number, you can click on the supply name link and there is a tab showing 'compatible printers'.

Hope that helps!

That is correct, but...  try getting a list - you will  need to cut and paste, then edit the columns, then scroll down to get more of the list.  Repeat until done, a maximum of 12 printers at a time - all in all it should just be easier.  I would not say it is "quite easy".   Just for fun see how long it takes to get a list of printer's compatible with the 45 cartridge....

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.