Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
910 Ink Cartridge

I see that 910 ink cartridges are out-of-stock everywhere, as many others have noted in this forum.

Since our printers cannot accept another ink, the missing ink renders our printers useless. This is obviously a massive problem for those of us who spent money during an economic crisis on a printer, cannot now afford a new printer,  who put our faith in HP, and who are now unable to print. This affects some of our jobs. 

When are these ink cartridges going to be available for purchase again? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @kgrady57,

I'd like to help!

I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region to purchase ink.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi @kgrady57,

I'd like to help!

I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region to purchase ink.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

According to Staples the blue and yellow inks have been recalled because they've been exploding. Is this true?

If so, when will they be available again and why would we need to contact support if they don't have any ink to send us?

Frustrating as I just bought this printer and now I need to buy another just to get my work done.

It won't be HP FYI.

HP Recommended

The inks are not exploding, We have replacement options available with the phone support team, I recommend you reach them.

HP Recommended

From what I can see on this forum, people have called support and after they give their information nothing happens. No one contacts them. If there was a replacement available, why not just tell us in the forum ie: "HP 123 ink cartridge will work in these models until HP 910 comes back"

You'd keep the customers happy, you'd make some sales, but instead HP seems intent on leading us around and stalling.

HP needs to get out in front of this and supply some real answers or this will cost them dearly, especially with everything else people have gone through this year.

HP Recommended

I understand, we currently do not have that information.

Please reach the HP Phone support team for assistance.

HP Recommended

Just FYI for anyone else reading this forum, this worked in the sense that I was eventually able to purchase ink via the HP Chat Support, which I eventually got to following the above instructions. Although it wasn't a totally straightforward process, despite the instructions above. When it asks for the product serial number, put in your printer serial number. Don't search for the ink itself. You end up telling the chat agent what kind of ink you want. 

I asked the person I was chatting with why this ink is out of stock everywhere and he said because of covid. So I'm assuming maybe it's a supply chain issue. 

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Robb9, I was able to purchase ink by following the instructions above from the HP Support person. I ended up in a chat with someone who was able to ship it to me. Give it a try. I know, it's strange they can do it that way and don't just have it stocked in the store. But, it did work. 

HP Recommended

This is not acceptable. I found out about the recall MONTHS AGO and was told to wait; they would be out soon. I waited and kept checking back but have now passed my warranty period. Now I have a printer that is worthless because I need to be able to print in color! I have followed all the steps you have directed and still found NO solutions! What are you going to do with this problem...just blow off all the customers complaints and keep wasting time directing us to non-answers, or is there a plan to make this right SOON??? I have trusted you twice...the first time  when I purchased the printer, and the second time when I waited patiently for the promise of cartridges for my machine! Bad business!!!

HP Recommended

the instructions in the "solution" indicate that if I'm out of warranty I should send a private msg but it doesn't bring up the "blue envelope" when I click next to my name/profile. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.