Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 9012 All-in-One Printer
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

When I print a powerpoint, any of my text and backgrounds are distorted. I have printed this same document before on the same printer and have never had this issue. The transparent parts of the powerpoint are now BLACK and the white parts of my border are GRAY. Even the colors are not working properly. It gives me a muted form of the color rather than the actual blue it should be. If I save the slide as a JPEG it fixes the problem, however, to do that repeatedly for every thing I need to print as a teacher, it is not feasible. It also prints the image blurry as a JPEG. It has worked in the past and I'd never had issues with the printer. Now, I suddenly have problems anytime I print something with a transparent box. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.