Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet 7610
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My officejet 7610 printer stopped printing cyan, and now also magenta. I replaced all catridges, did 3-stage printhead cleaning, even tried the hard restart trick recommended elsewhere on this site. Nothing has worked. What's left to try? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Carl2021

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Use an automated tool to align the printhead

• From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Right Arrow (), and then touch Setup ().
  • Touch Tools, and then touch Align Printhead.
  • Wait while the printer aligns the printhead and then prints an alignment page.
  • Print another Print Quality Diagnostic Page to see if the issue is resolved

And, also print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page:

1. Load plain white paper into the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Right arrow (), and then touch Reports.

3. From the Reports menu, touch Print Quality Report. The test page prints.

Click here: to know more about Fixing Print Quality Problems.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your kind reply. I ran the Align Printhead tool, as recommended. The result: a page showing only yellow and black, and a notice on the printer control panel saying, "Alignment unsuccessful." Now what? Any further advice? carl2021

HP Recommended

@Carl2021

Thank you for posting back. 

If you have already performed the steps from the document Alignment Errors: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04855186 and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.         

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.                       

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.