cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
flossie8
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

door to printer will not open to change ink cartridge

HP Recommended
hp envy 6022 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i cannot open the door on my hp envy 6022 printer to change ink cartridge,  which i have not had a problem with before. it is less than 3 months old, HELP

thanks in anticipation!

4 REPLIES 4
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,154 25,034 1,380 1,462
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@flossie8

Welcome to the HP support community.

Check if something is blocking the access door to open.

If not, apply some force and try to open the cartridge access door.

Refer page number 59 in this user guide for steps to open the access door and replace the cartridges:- Click here

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
flossie8
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Now able to open door on printer, if you pull up from the side handles and press down in the centre of door it opens! Ideally needs 3 hands!! But works, disappointed as a brand new printer. 

sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,154 25,034 1,380 1,462
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@flossie8

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
flossie8
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No I had solved the problem when reading HP problems with printer, so sorry to disappoint you! I had already solved the problem before your post! But didn't know how to put it out to the community! Thanks anyway for your time. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation