cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
JuiieBB
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

ghost printing on new laserjet MFP M283fdw

HP Recommended
M283fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hi, I have finally got my new printer installed after quite a few hiccups!

I am trying to print my art work and I'm getting a very  faint ghost image from about half way down the page which is ruining my image.

can anybody give me any suggestions on how to resolve this?IMG_5351.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Repairatrooper
Level 12
Level 12
7,251 7,175 765 1,984
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ghosting is commonly caused by not setting paper type to match the actual paper being used. Too hot results in pickup off the page and too cool results in not completely bonded images that get re-deposited. What sort of paper are you printing on. Make sure that the paper type settings that you set using the control panel of the printer match your media. ANY as a paper type is never an acceptable option.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

JuiieBB
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, thats great news.

This is my first laser printer so I was a bit baffled.

I did change the paper type but I didn't have a match for the ones listed which was obviously the problem.

I have ordered some hp colourchoice so hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Thank you for your advice,

Julie

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation