Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskjetD2660
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

is it possible to print in a vinyl paper? if not, is it suitable in printing in a sticker paper? with this old kind of printer(HP DeskjeyD2660)? please i need answers please. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@britd87, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which application are you using to print?

What is the paper size/type?

Are you using ADF or the Input to try to seed the paper?

Power resetting the printer,  and checking the print settings may resolve this issue. Let us try these steps: 

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector

2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door

3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer

5) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.

6) On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

The Setup menu displays.

7) Swipe the display up, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

Cartridges.

9) On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon .

10) Swipe the display to scroll to Printer Maintenance, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

11) Touch-Clean Page Smears.

12) On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

13) Swipe the display down, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

14.) Touch Align Printer.

Check the print settings. Make sure the right paper type and size are selected. Refer to this document to know how to check the print settings.

To know the Paper handling specifications of   HP DeskjetD2660 5 All-in-One Printer  All-in-One Printer, click here

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.