Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office jet pro 8020/8025

Cyan ink cartridge gives incompatible ink cartridge error. I have tried two different cartridges, both give same error. My printer is out of warranty by 4 weeks so I can’t create a case number or get through to anyone. I have read several other posts regarding same issue. This is ridiculous HP! Printer is rendered useless and I need to print ASAP! Have tried multiple troubleshoots and nothing works. I was told through messenger to get in touch with tech support and they could assist remotely but I can’t get a phone number to make this happen.  Help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Flmillertime22, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. Yes, there is an issue with the new lot of ink cartridges. If the Cartridge was manufactured in Malaysia and Warranty End Date is between April 1st, 2022 and September 18th, 2022, please do not use this ink cartridge.

Reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the replacement options for the ink cartridge. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I also have cartridges from Malaysia in the time frame you mentioned the cyan is not compatible, getting in touch with HP Support is virtually impossible.

I managed to yesterday over the phone but the call disconnected.

My printer is under warranty purchased 9-25-2020.

I believe the printhead is clogged on the starter cartridge cyan. I was printing images with large blue stripes across them. There is also ink all over the belt area to the right of the printhead.

I cleaned the printhead twice and a message said if I'm still having issues to replace printhead.

I changed the cyan per instruction of the HP agent while I was on the phone with him and received a message it wasn't compatible then the phone call disconnected after I told him what it said.

It took me over 2 and a half hours on hold to reach someone only to be disconnected how do I get help with this?

I tried reaching out many ways Twitter, email, chat (which also kept disconnecting) calling again under high call volume, I don't have all day to be on the phone! So far no one is responding.

I have a printer that is defective plus I purchased a 4 pack of ink with the printer that I now find out is also defective and I can't use my printer at all now.

I'm really not very happy at all I paid $184.84 for both the printer and ink. I used the printer a handful of times maybe 10 prints that's very expensive for me I'm not wealthy by any means.

Can someone please help me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.