Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

new ink cartridge and

HP Recommended

I have an older inkjet.  HP3522 that takes a HP564XL  (black cartridge) .  I just purchased a new one and have installed it...not printing black, however, the colors work just fine.  The cartridge I purchased before this was from amazon and it was an off brand, I did not know that is what I was getting.  I used it anyways and it worked just fine.  So someone told me that is why my new HP black ink cartridge is not working?  Is this correct?  Is my printer toast?  I have had no other issues with this printer, it has been great.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,285 17,284 1,160 1,375
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MiaRose3, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Non-HP ink cartridges can harm the printer mechanism and hence are not recommended by HP. I understand the printer is not printing black. Let us try these steps:

Make sure the plastic tape if any is removed from the new ink cartridge before placing it in the printer.

Try making a standalone copy in black and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Check the ink levels, clean the ink cartridges, and print a quality report as shown in this document - Black Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation