cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2
15 13 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

new printer just out of warantee . Will not print with new cartridge.

HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro M118dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought the printer 15 months ago, but did not use it until three months ago. Was out of the country for a year, just managed to return to the UK from Kenya. My complimentary cartridge had run out, so I have just bought a new HP cartridge 94A. When inserted, two red lights. one triangular the other red and no print. Can anybody help? Terence Driscoll.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,480 24,366 1,352 1,437
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tororo

Welcome to the HP support community.

Print a cleaning page

1. On the printer control panel, press the Setup button.

2. Open Service, and then Cleaning Page.

3. Load plain letter or A4 size paper when prompted, and then press the OK button.

Inspect the toner cartridge and imaging drum

1. Remove the toner cartridge and imaging drum from the printer.

2. Examine the memory chip for damage.

If a memory chip is damaged, refer to the steps earlier in this document to replace the toner cartridge or skip to the step to replace the imaging drum.

3. If you see any scratches, fingerprints, or other damage on the imaging drum, skip to the next step to replace the imaging drum.

4. Reinstall the imaging drum and toner cartridge.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Author
Level 2
15 13 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Sanytech

First let me hope that you and your family are well and safe during these dreadful times.

For the life of me I cannot find the "Setup" button. I have the manual in front of me, what button are you referring to?
Regards Terence

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation