Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp Envy 110e

I've not used my printer in over a year when I tried to use it the pages were blank but the ink status was full, I thought maybe the inks were dried up so purchased new inks . Still same problem, have done loads of cleaning the printhead options but all that is printing is a very faded serpia colour, and that is only on part of the page, also if I scan there is a line a line all down the left that looks a bit like a bar code.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Maureen27,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions to improve the scan quality -

Clean the scanner

Fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris on the scanner glass, under the scanner lid, or in the document feed slot can cause lines and color bands. Clean these parts with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

Read one of the following sections for steps to clean these components, depending on your printer type.

Printer with flatbed scanner glass and lid

Printer with flatbed scanner glass

Printers with a flatbed scanner glass and lid

Clean the scanner glass and underside of the scanner lid with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

1. Turn the printer off, then disconnect the power cord.

2. Lift the scanner lid.

3. Spray a soft, lint-free cloth with glass cleaner, then wipe the scanner glass, glass strip (if present), the white backing under the scanner lid, and the white strip under the lid (if present) until clean, dry, and streak-free.

CAUTION: 

To protect the interior printer parts, do not spray the cleaner directly on the glass or on the underside of the lid.

Figure : Clean the scanner glass and under the lid, and any glass or white strips (if present)

1. White scanner lid backing

2. White ADF scanner lid strip (if present)

3. Glass ADF scanner strip (if present)

4. Main scanner glass

4. Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer, then close the scanner lid completely.

5. Load the original document or photo, then try to scan. Make sure the original document or photo is in good condition and free of tears, creases, folds, staples, or tape.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Reset the printer

Resetting the printer can force some types of scanners to calibrate, which might fix the problem.

1. Remove any items from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder (ADF), then close the scanner lid.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.

3. Wait at least 60 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.

NOTE: 

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the printer.

6. If you have an HP DeskJet 3700 series printer, calibrate the scanner after resetting the printer.

7. Load the original document or photo, then try to scan.

Change the scan settings

Change the scan settings to increase resolution, adjust the color palette, or increase the contrast.

For instructions refer to - Improving Scan Quality

And try the steps in the document to resolve the print quality issue - Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

Hope this helps!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.