cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
rickmiller56
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

printer cartridge no longer recognized after firmware update M180nw Color Laser Jet

HP Recommended
M180nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was in the middle of printing 3 pages of a PDF for work and after the first 2 pages printed fine, the printer installed a firmware update and now the printer display says 'Supply Problem' and the ink level graphics for each color have '?' on them,  After a quick internet search I find this is HP's 'motis operandi' and it's been happening for years. Thanks HP. Please email me [Personal Information Removed] the previous version firmware for my printer M180nw so I can use the cartridges I purchased and that have worked for a couple of months until your 'forced' firmware update. I'll give you 1 week to resolve, or I will buy a NON HP color laser and NEVER purchase another HP product again and also guide very many of my non tech friends away from your products as well.  

Thanks for trying to RIP me off and wasting my valuable time.... 

Oh Yeah, also after 1 week of no response, I'll also post this bull on all my social media platforms!!

Cold regards....... A VERY unsatisfied customer!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation