Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
office jet 8025
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I just bought an Office Jet 8025 specifically so I could print on card stock to make greeting cards.  I  spoke with a representative to confirm the weight of paper I wanted and was told that it was supported.

Now when I print on the heavier paper the image comes out in a different spot each time.  It prints on regular copy paper but shifts to a different place each time with the card stock. If it was the same I would adjust it on my document but I cannot anticipate how it will move.  Is it jumping around in the printer?  Is there a fix for this?  As other user complained, I am using up my ink and expensive card paper to do test after test.  

I have been days trying to navigate this and am about to give up.  

thanks for any thoughts

mari

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

That printer models does't support printing on cardstock, you were wrongly informed. The printer supports printing on cards, but not on cardstock those two are different.

Media weight supported:

16 to 28 lb (plain paper);

60 to 75 lb (photo);

20 to 24 lb (envelope);

90 to 110 lb (card)

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  I misspoke when I said "card stock"  It is just 100lb paper which is supported.  

When I print on regular paper it prints in the correct location but when I put in the heavier paper the image position varies each time--(just in one direction)   I even tried anchoring the paper so it cant slip back as its being taken into the printer but whatever shift/jump is happening is happening within the printer.  

If this printer cannot do the job I really need to know which one can.  As I said, I read articles, and talked directly with support to confirm this would be a good option.  I've already used up so much ink and half of my special paper just to run tests. 

thanks for any thoughts.  

mari

HP Recommended

For such heavy media, you will need to get a professional printer or pay someone to print it for you, you will be wasting time and money trying to print on 100lb plain paper.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

thank you for your reply and YES I am wasting paper and ink but if the printer says it prints on papers up to 110lb then why can't I do that?  I bought this printer since it was recommended to take heavy paper.  I am confused as to why  this is and what to do next.  If I buy another printer how would I know that it would work when every indicator said that this one would work?

anyway--totally frustrated but thanks for your response.   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.