Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp inkjet cartridge 962 3JA86A Cyan Black

I have an HP Officejet Pro Printer 9025e.  I replaced the Cyan and Black cartridges and I am still unable to print. I replaced the Yellow cartridges and it successfully registered. Photos are included below.  I get the below message after I replace the cartridges.  I have tried turning off and on the printer, as well as unplugging the printer for one minute.  I tried the HP virtual support and the problem was not solved. 

hp 2.jpghp 1.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@FredJergons 

Welcome to the HP Community.

Do you have an Instant Ink subscription?

If yes, then

True - HP Instant Ink cartridges can only be used with your Instant Ink subscription.

AND

Have you contacted HP Instant Ink Support for help with your subscription cartridge(s)?

If yes, you have a subscription,

and

If no, you have not contacted HP Instant Ink Support,

You can wait here for a Community agent to find and respond to your question.  Not always fast, usually works.

OR

Contact Instant Ink Support and ask for help.

==================================================================================

Instant Ink - Trial or Subscription

What is Instant Ink?

Instant Ink is a Print-by-Page subscription model that provides as much ink as needed for the selected "page" plan.

Which plan?  Information is available at the Instant Ink Website for your region.

Is Instant Ink right for you?  Depends on your needs and expectations.  Read before deciding.

Things that are Instant Ink

Note: 

If you have not opened the site for a while, know that the website has been updated..

Clear your browser cache for both hpconnected and instantink

Instant Ink Support Website

HP Instant Ink - Support, Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Click on FAQ

For example,

• Read Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink
  • Change or cancel anytime link is located in the “tiny print” area at the bottom of the website (USA)

Need Help?  Contact Instant Ink Support

1. Enrolled in Instant Ink?  >> Check for Support contact options in your Instant Ink Account.
  2. Contact>> HP Instant Ink Support   NOTES:  Select Your Region // Hours are as listed at the site.
  3. The Terms of Service contract provides contact information, usually in the very first section.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

READ the all-important Terms of Service Contract > Scroll to the bottom of the Instant Ink website  – in the “tiny print” area (bottom of the main web page), look for and click on the link for instantink.hpconnected.com/terms

Examples of the Terms of Service Contract for various regions

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - USA

Instant Ink – Terms of Service - UK

TERMINI DI SERVIZIO DI HP INSTANT INK - Italy 

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - Ireland

CONDITIONS GENERALES D’UTILISATION DU SERVICE HP INSTANT INK - France

=========================================================================

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e All-in-One Printer 

OR

Open Product Home

Enter the type and name of your HP device

Printer and  HP+ service

Contact HP+ Support

OR

>>> Open your HP+ Printer Homepage > Concierge Help > Click Contact Us link in the Orange box

Note that Concierge assistance is only available for registered HP+ printers.

NOTE:  Where available, the Homepage website for the non HP+ model includes any missing "Category" sections not found in the HP+ printer site.  What?  The “+” and “not +” printers are the same printer – HP+ is a benefit / service.

HP+ > Benefits, Requirements, Your Responsibilities

HP+ Printing – Website / Information / FAQ

“Print Anywhere App” Supported on Select Printers

HP Printers - Print Anywhere with the HP Smart App

Step 3:  Use Print Anywhere

Open Subsection:  Private Pickup (HP+ printers only)

Enable / Disable the service to hold the print job until the person who sent it is near the printer.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@FredJergons

Welcome to HP Support Community! 

If you insert your old cyan and black ink, does the printer register it?

To assist you better, we would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post. 

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.