Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I print the same images repeatedly, and suddenly today this happens:

missing sections.jpg

I know it's not the image file, and it doesn't look like it's getting low on ink. I cleaned the printheads and replaced the cartridges just in case, but it's still doing it. I print by right clicking on the image in file explorer and then clicking print. I print from this:

Capture.JPG

Like I said, I print these images often and this has never happened before. I tried printing one full page instead of 4 to the page, and the same thing happened, just on the larger scale.  I tried shutting down the printer and restarting it. Same thing happened. Please help?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey,

Actually, I could notice this EXACT same behavior today with another user, another printer, another photos, either when printing multiple photos or a single full page photo from the Print dialog of the OS...

Please right-click the image and select Open With, then select other application than Windows Photo Viewer (e.g. Photos, Paint, etc.).

May you see a difference when printing the photo or photos from another program than the OS printing?

Generally, I suspect this occurs due to a recent Windows update.

Click Start > Settings (gear icon) > Update & Security > View update History.

Additionally, review all categories for any updates installed in the last day or two, are there any such?

If you see any recent update for this time frame, please let me know which exact updates, and I do suspect KB5001567.. may you see this one installed? and when was it installed?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!  The most recent updates in that history were on the 10th. I can't be certain, but I do think I've printed these photos successfully since then... Those updates were KB50000802 and KB4589212, plus Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.860

I was able to print one copy of the image from Photos, but that's not going to work long term because I can't get it to print 4 copies per page, even when I changed the option that literally says "pages per sheet" and change the number of copies to 4.  Should I uninstall those updates and see if that makes the print dialog work?

Charity

HP Recommended

I suggest trying to uninstall update KB50000802 first, this seems likely to be the cause.

See below discussion I could find at Microsoft's community on this exact matter:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5000802-causes-partial-printing-kb5001567-do...

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I had the exact same issue with my Canon MF4690PL. For some reason the missing print section only seems to appear when printing from Windows Photo Viewer.

I first tried to uninstall KB5001567, as suggested above, but that made no difference. However, when I uninstalled KB5000802 the problem was solved!

Now the question is; how can I prevent KB5000802 from installing again?

Edit: The KB5000802 update reinstalled by itself, and now it's not visible in the "Programs and Features" list of updates!!?

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Please install the latest optional updates, this should resolve the problem for version 2004 or 20H2:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/march-18-2021-kb5001649-os-builds-19041-870-and-19042-870-...

Shlomi

HP Recommended

indeed Microsoft has had a rough month of March 2021 when they released some buggy Win10 updates and had to release a 2nd round of out-of-band updates to fix the printing problems.

it would be great if HP also posted a specific support page mentioning about the printing problems with the Windows 10 March 2021 updates and advise users with any HP printer to install the newer updates, just like what Epson did here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.