Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-28-2020 01:14 PM - edited 12-28-2020 01:15 PM
I have had two 6830 Officejet Pro printers. The first one was replaced after 10-11months. This is the replacement printer which ran OK for about a couple of years then suddenly in the middle of the day the document feeder I use mostly for faxing stopped pulling paper in. On the printer screen the error message comes "Job Cancelled" then below that it states "Scanner lid or document feeder open". Of course neither of those two things were true. I think this happened after I had the top up to routinely change the black ink cartridge. When you insert a page into the document feeder for copying or faxing it makes all the normal noises and acts like it is going to pull the pages in but then comes up with the above error message. It will print OK, copy one page at a time OK and fax one page at a time OK.
I have rebooted everything. Unplugged everything and started over again. Nothing fixed it. Has anyone seen this suddenly show up and know if and where it needs to be tapped to function correctly again.
01-07-2021 05:51 AM
Welcome to HP Community
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Please try these steps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
Next ensure the printer has the latest Firmware https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Also follow the instructions in Step 2 this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04286678 to clean the paper rollers
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community