KRotz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

8630 Paper Jam Error (fakeout)

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have perused ALL online suggestions referring to this issue. The printer was working fine, for years, until this last week when I installed a new ink cartridge. I purchased a third party cartridge made for HP - from Target. The message I immediately got was a paper jam. The prior project had printed in its entirety so I know there IS NO paper jam. I then purchased a genuine HP cartridge thinking that would fix it.  Nope. Same error message, and trust me, I have turned this printer off and back on, plugged and unplugged, etc. etc. etc. This printer needs to be reset. I have nonetheless, followed every single post on here for checking for paper, cleaning rollers, etc.  I cannot reset the printer because I cannot get past the errors: paper jam, or the initializing. Every time I turn off the printer and turn it back on it flashes through  screens to reset the date and time and then immediately posts the Paper Jam error. When you open the cartridge compartment door, it wants you to verify the date and time and then starts an initializing process (silently spins logo to eternity). When you close the door, its back to the paper jam error. It's really gone bananas so I could really use some help here.  Thanks in advance.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation