Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9025
macOS 10.14 Mojave

When trying to print PDF files with alternating letter and legal-size pages I cannot get the printer to auto-select between paper trays.  I have set the paper trays via front-mounted LCD panel to "Letter size, plain paper in tray 1",  "Legal size, plain paper in tray 2."  In the print dialog box I have used "Auto select" and "Print pages based on page size in PDF"...  Sometimes the document has a setting for "Print pages based on PDF page size"... The printer still will not auto-select...What's going on?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@skip777 

This printer may not support the option to switch page sizes on the fly.

Not every printer does so.

The presence of the option in Adobe Reader DC does not indicate support by the particular hardware.

I did find this "how-to" instruction that shows the prescribed setup in some detail:

Print mixed page sizes using Acrobat or Reader

If it does not work, the printer does not support the option.

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, but no success...

HP Recommended

@skip777 

Sad news, then.

I expected that the printer does not handle this type of request.

The how-to instruction was meant "just in case".

Some Mid-to-high-level laser printers support this feature.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.