Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7525
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The rollers that should feed the paper upon printing are not turning.  The 4 rollers up the back of the unit are rolling as they should but not the ones that contact the paper in the feeder.  Is this mechanism replaceable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AccClyne

I have sent you a private message.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Have a nice day!!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@AccClyne

Welcome to the HP support community.

Clean the paper feed rollers

1. Gather the following materials:

• A clean, lint-free cloth, or any cloth that does not come apart or leave fibers

• Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might damage the printer)

2. Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer if your printer is connected with a USB cable.

3. Press the Power button () to turn off the printer.

4. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

5. Remove the two-sided printing accessory (duplexer) from the rear of the printer. Push the right side of the duplexer to the left, and then pull out the duplexer to remove it. Set the duplexer aside.

Figure : Remove the duplexer

Image: Remove the duplexer.

Push the duplexer to the left
    2. Pull out the duplexer

6. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.

7. Press the cloth against the rollers, and then rotate the rollers upward with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.

Figure : Clean the rollers in the rear of the printer

Image: Clean the rollers in the rear of the printer.
  8. Allow the rollers to dry for 10 or 15 minutes.

9. Check the rollers on the duplexer. Make sure that the rollers are not missing, that they turn easily, and that they are springy when you press them. If the rollers are damaged, replace the duplexer.

Figure : Check the rollers on the duplexer

Image: Check the rollers on the duplexer.
  10. Reattach the duplexer to the rear of the printer. Insert the two pegs on the left side of the duplexer into the left side of the printer, and then gently push the duplexer into place. Make sure that the duplexer is firmly attached.

Figure : Reattach the duplexer

Image: Reattach the duplexer
  11. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

12. If the printer does not turn on automatically, press the Power button () to turn it on.

You can refer to this HP support document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As mentioned in my original post, the 4 rollers in the back of the unit are working fine.  I already found the information you provided and checked and cleaned those rollers.  My issue is with the rollers that sit on top of the stack of paper which feed the top sheet to those 4 rollers in the back.

HP Recommended

@AccClyne

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After entering my serial number, I don't see a "Show options" choice.  I don't see any way to enter a request for service.

HP Recommended

@AccClyne

I have sent you a private message.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help.  I am told by HP support that this part is not replaceable in this printer.  Issue is closed.

HP Recommended

Alright, If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 5440.

The rollers that should feed the paper upon printing are not turning.  The rollers  that  contact the paper in the feeder  don't let the blank paper slide into the next rollers.         

HP Recommended

@Auboreal

Welcome to the HP support community.

Clean the rollers inside the top paper tray.

1. Get a flashlight.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Wait until the printer is idle and silent, and then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Remove the paper stack from the input tray.

5. With the flashlight, look down into the input tray and find the paper pick rollers.

An example of paper pick rollers on top loading printer
  6. Lightly dampen a cotton swab with water, and then squeeze it to remove any excess water.

7. Clean the rollers with the swab, rotating the rollers with your fingers to completely clean them.

8. Allow the rollers to dry for two minutes.

9. Reconnect the power cord, and then turn on the printer.

You can refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.