Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-29-2022 10:52 AM
Officejet Pro 6960
Printer was fine
Would not pick up the paper, and when it does says is jammed which it is not and on screen, it says Close paper tray when it is already closed
Have cleaned all the rollers, no paper jams all is good but not working. Have uninstalled and reinstalled HP software, but still not working
10-14-2022 12:14 PM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting a paper jam error, I am glad to assist you.
Reset the printer
- Sometimes a paper jam error persists even though there is no jammed paper (false paper jam). Reset the printer, which might clear a false paper jam error, and then try to print again.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
- NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Update the printer firmware to install the latest updates
Here are the steps:- Click here
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community