Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I am trying to print onto Cricut Sticker paper and the page is not feeding correctly so the full page is not printing.  The top of the page cuts off the image and the fist thing that prints is the middle of my image. 

The thickness is .2mm, very similar to card stock which feeds and prints with no issues.  I've tried to find drivers to install that may help, with no luck.  I've tried various media setting options - other matte, plain paper thick, matte presentation paper, etc.  Cardstock or "Card" is not an option.

How do I fix this?!?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kellygray79 

I've never used Cricut paper.

OK...

Based on your description, I would guess the problem is the "glossy" backside of the paper.

The printer is not able to grab and pull the paper at the right time / speed (slipping).

Would loading several sheets of the same type (label / sticker" paper work better?

Maybe - at the least, this is the more "proper" method to load paper.

Try at least five sheets - closer to ten might work (better?)...

You might try checking at the Cricut support site (assuming there is such).

It won't help with this printer's limitations but it might give you an idea of what other people have tried.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@kellygray79 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who include phone numbers or email addresses in public posts.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

@kellygray79 wrote:

I am trying to print onto Cricut Sticker paper and the page is not feeding correctly so the full page is not printing.  The top of the page cuts off the image and the fist thing that prints is the middle of my image. 

The thickness is .2mm, very similar to card stock which feeds and prints with no issues.  I've tried to find drivers to install that may help, with no luck.  I've tried various media setting options - other matte, plain paper thick, matte presentation paper, etc.  Cardstock or "Card" is not an option.

How do I fix this?!?!

Honestly, I have no idea.

Occasionally one of us will attempt to answer this question.  Typically we don't hear back at all (efforts ignored) or we might receive a cryptic message: "I hate everything - Didn't work."  There might be a couple of more useful threads, search the Community for "Cricut" and see what you can find.

What else?

In this case, you at least have a few options - this printer series is one of the more robust in terms of the types of media it supports and the printer also supports custom paper sizes.  Might be a winning combination.

.2 mm is (as you mentioned) about the same weight as the "top of the range" supported for Card Paper (200 gsm).

The surface on the sticker paper (not mentioned) is another part of deciding what to use as your Media (paper type) selection.

Comment

In fact, in spite of having made a presumably correct selection, the type of surface on your paper is vital to whether the job completes.  In other words, finding a compatible selection helps - the printer must be able to actually grab the paper correctly for the job to succeed. 

Consider:

HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper

or

HP Matte Brochure or Professional Paper

or Possibly

Thick Paper

The type of surface on your "sticker" paper dictates which of the two paper types you select.

Reference

Brochure / Professional paper is typically 180 gsm - this is likely "close enough" to your .2 mm paper weight to work as expected.  At this writing, I do not have a definition of "thick paper".

General Example - Printing Preferences - Booklet / Media (paper types)

Notes: 

• Printing Preferences assumes the Full Feature Software (full driver) is installed
  • Ignore the "booklet" references in the example

9025_Printing_Preferences_Media_Types_5.jpg

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 All-in-One Printer series 

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

This definitely helped, but still not resolved...

The paper, when loaded into the paper tray, the side facing down is matte and the side facing up is glossy.  If I use the matte presentation paper media setting it prints more of the image than previously, but it is still cut off.  If I use the glossy presentation paper media setting it cuts off more than what was previously cut off.

Does it make any difference if I load the sticker paper by itself compared to loading the tray with my sticker paper on top and regular paper under neath?

HP Recommended

@kellygray79 

I've never used Cricut paper.

OK...

Based on your description, I would guess the problem is the "glossy" backside of the paper.

The printer is not able to grab and pull the paper at the right time / speed (slipping).

Would loading several sheets of the same type (label / sticker" paper work better?

Maybe - at the least, this is the more "proper" method to load paper.

Try at least five sheets - closer to ten might work (better?)...

You might try checking at the Cricut support site (assuming there is such).

It won't help with this printer's limitations but it might give you an idea of what other people have tried.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I checked other HP posts and it appears to be a pretty common issue but none of the other posts had anything near as helpful as what you provided, BUT, doesn't look like anyone had resolved the issue.  I tried taking off the feeder attachment that folds out and I could reach my hand in enough to help manually feed it and it felt like it fed when it was supposed to based on what I could hear and it made it worse.  It's almost like it thinks it has the paper and starts printing onto nothing and by the time something prints on the paper its the end of the image.

Thank you SO much!  You definitely gave me some things to try that I hadn't considered and it was more feedback than any other posts ever had.  I'm going to reach out to Cricut now to see what I can figure out.  Thanks again!

HP Recommended

@kellygray79 

You are welcome.

This printer can print standard (and several "not so standard") labels and cards (Avery templates / paper and likely other brands).  That said, most printers that include the prerequisite paper types for thicker paper can do that much.  Meh, useless information in this context.

I do think there is perhaps something "different" about Cricut media that makes it more difficult for (at least HP) printers to manage the paper.  Not a fan of paper that refuses to print - frustrating.

Stubborn.  😑

Good Luck.

Stay Safe.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.