cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
TheGoldenOne
Level 2
8 5 2 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Custom paper size printing issue.

HP Recommended
ENVY Photo7855
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I recently installed the MacOS fix. It seems to have fixed the main issue, but I can no longer print a custom paper 4.25" x 6.75" (Franklin Covey Compact paper).  I have be doing this successfully  for 2 years.  When I initiate the print request, the printer tells me to load 4 x 6 paper in the Photo Tray.  I have tried selecting paper types near that size, but I get the same message.  My firmware is up to date.  I am currently running Bug Sur 11.0 which is not available in the drop down above.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheGoldenOne
Author
Level 2
8 5 2 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have solved the issue.  Apparently after the Fix HP Printer issue in macOS was applied, the 7855 does not accurately sense the 4.25" x 6.75" paper.  I was able to print by using the following work around.

1. I adjusted the 4.25 x 6.75 custom pauperize to 4.2 x 6.7.

2. In Word, I selected the document and followed the path  File >> Print

3. I then changed Copies & Pages to Media Type & Quality to Upper Tray and Plain Paper and selected Print.

4. The document printed. 

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
TheGoldenOne
Author
Level 2
8 5 2 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have solved the issue.  Apparently after the Fix HP Printer issue in macOS was applied, the 7855 does not accurately sense the 4.25" x 6.75" paper.  I was able to print by using the following work around.

1. I adjusted the 4.25 x 6.75 custom pauperize to 4.2 x 6.7.

2. In Word, I selected the document and followed the path  File >> Print

3. I then changed Copies & Pages to Media Type & Quality to Upper Tray and Plain Paper and selected Print.

4. The document printed. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation