8 5 2 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Custom paper size printing issue.

HP Recommended
ENVY Photo7855
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I recently installed the MacOS fix. It seems to have fixed the main issue, but I can no longer print a custom paper 4.25" x 6.75" (Franklin Covey Compact paper).  I have be doing this successfully  for 2 years.  When I initiate the print request, the printer tells me to load 4 x 6 paper in the Photo Tray.  I have tried selecting paper types near that size, but I get the same message.  My firmware is up to date.  I am currently running Bug Sur 11.0 which is not available in the drop down above.

1 REPLY 1
Author
Level 2
8 5 2 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have solved the issue.  Apparently after the Fix HP Printer issue in macOS was applied, the 7855 does not accurately sense the 4.25" x 6.75" paper.  I was able to print by using the following work around.

1. I adjusted the 4.25 x 6.75 custom pauperize to 4.2 x 6.7.

2. In Word, I selected the document and followed the path  File >> Print

3. I then changed Copies & Pages to Media Type & Quality to Upper Tray and Plain Paper and selected Print.

4. The document printed. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation