Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

Does the OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format print Ledger paper? I am using SolidWorks to print drawings, and I do not get the ledger paper option when opening the drop down in page size to print. The closest option I get is Tabloid which does not print the full drawing. I Hope if someone can help. Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Maximum paper size that printer can print is 297x420 ( A3) the Ledger sheet is larger and it's not supported.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for replying

When I read the print specifications it said maximum print area (U.S Standard) of 11.7X17 in which is the ledger paper size. The metric reading says 297X431.8 mm.

This is the link that I used to read the print specifications: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-7740-wide-format-all-in-one-printer-series/768... 

Is this the correct link?

HP Recommended

Yes, in your specification link stated that it can automatically duplex Ledger, so it should work.

Screenshot from 2020-12-03 19_44_10.png

Can you try from MS Excell to print on a Ledger?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying

I tried on excel, and when I go to print it does not give me ledger as an option for paper size. I am able to load the printer with ledger paper, but as I said when I want to print is does not give me ledger as an option.  

HP Recommended

You might have some driver issue or it doesn't support that size.

Can you create and print on a custom size 11.7X17?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

The tabloid is 11X17 and you can print on it.

You will need to orient your drawings on a tabloid to be able to print them to look like they are printed on a ledger.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I did orient the drawing to landscape, but the result is that when I print the drawing comes out missing small parts from the left and right edges. I do not want to use the scale to fit tool because it will ruin the scale of the drawing. Ideally I should be able to choose ledger and not use the scale to fit tool. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.