Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer has recently started printing the second page of dual print upside down (portrait mode). It is printing the exact same whether "flip-short side" or "flip-long side" is chosen. (Currently, the top of page 1 is the bottom of page 2 vs. the goal is to have the pages print as if you are reading from a book. Which I understand to be "flip-short side".) I have double checked that both within the MS Word/Excel/Pub print options "flip-short side" is chosen, as well as within the printer/scanner advanced settings that "flip-short side" is the default. 

While trouble shooting, I changed to "flip-long side" and it still printed the same - upside down.

How do I correct this to have the top of the page be at the same end of the paper for both side 1 and side 2 - portrait mode?

Thank you for any assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LThi 

Please change to long edge before print for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ0LnUwlwIc

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the clarification on the difference between "flip-short edge" vs. "flip-long edge". I have corrected the settings in both the MS Word program and the default setting in printers/scanners to be "flip-long edge". It is still printing page 2 upside down (exactly the same as before). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.