Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp officejet pro 6978

unplugged and replugged several times, there is no paper jam

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Same issue. 

I've followed a dozen different videos, every step.

Now I just want to send in this thing and get it fixed.

Apparently can't even do that.

HP Recommended

what does this code mean?  what can I do on my end...

HP Recommended

This clearly appears to be some kind of software issue. Everyone's printer didn't just start saying this at the same time for no reason. We need HP Support to look into this!

HP Recommended

I have done that many times, do I  still continue it?

HP Recommended

I have tried the solution that requires removing the Cartridges, replacing them powering off, waiting thirty seconds reconnecting

powering up. Cannot execute this procedure as the cartridge carrier is stuck will not move for enough to allow removal of more

than one Cartridge. HELP please!

HP Recommended

Re: ERROR #0x6100004a message is issued by an Officejet Pro 6978 attached to an HP PC570-P033w, running Win V2020 64bit system, Cartridge carrier is stuck and only one cartridge can be removed. as part of the "Solved" suggested Process? Help, Please.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.