Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-12-2020 10:13 AM
Product: HP officejet 3830
Changed the black ink with compatible ink cartridge and received this error message. Will no longer go to home screen, defaults to error message. Have unplugged waited, pressed power button once unplugged. removed both black and color ink and restarted printer. No change, still get error message.
anyone find a way around this. Started this process 2 weeks ago and now printer is out of warranty by 6 days!!
1 REPLY 1
09-14-2020 03:37 PM
@SANDMAN1965 Lets start with power reset as per HP standards, here's how we recommend doing it:
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If the issue persists, please upgrade the printer firmware:
click here for different ways of getting this done using a computer among others.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us,
have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community