Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-07-2021 02:17 PM
Printer makes a brief grinding sound then displays "Document Feeder Jam". Have shut off, unplugged, opened up and try cleaning all at different times but nothing seems to help. Anybody else have this problem? It just came on suddenly yesterday.
08-11-2021 07:55 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting a Document Feeder Jam error, follow these steps to fix the issue.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Here are the steps:- Click here
Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community