Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5020 and HP Advanced Photo Paper and Documentation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This has been raised before, but I am the latest victim. My HP Envy 5020 will not print with HP Advanced Photo Paper which 'works with ALL inkjet printers' (it says on the packet).

At least one previous response attributed this problem to the weight of the paper, referencing https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05638804#AbT9 which states that the supported media weight is "64 to 90 g/m²". Since the above photo paper is marked as 250g/m² one or other of the statements must be wrong.

The printer has previously worked with a variety of photo papers, some HP some not, certainly up to a stated 238g/m². I may even have printed something using the above 'Advanced' paper.

Plain paper printing is still working fine. Something needs to be fixed, but what?

The man who asks questions
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There are two versions of the Envy 5020.  Model# Z4A69A supports the heavier cardstock/photo paper.  Model M2U91B does not.   This is a discontinued, low cost printer.  It is not designed to print frequent pages of heavier media.  For all low cost inkjets, heavier media use will accelerate the wear on the pick up process.  If you can, clean pick up rollers.  But, be prepared to replace unit.

HP Recommended

The system seems to have lost my reply!

HP Recommended

Which said (something like):

The differences in behaviour/support should be highlighted in the specifications and the claim on the paper that it suits ALL inkjets must be invalid.

The print has never been used for FREQUENT photo prints, it doesn't even average 25 pages/month for plain paper.

Thanks for the tip on the rollers, I will take a look. That sounds consistent with something else I found suggesting pressure on the casing could solve the problem. It di, for the single sheet I wanted to print!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.