Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 200 color
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had a jam in the fuser of an HP LaserJet Pro 200 color printer and the only way to get to it was to open the printer and remove the fuser. to clean it out. 

After printer was put back together it worked fine except it  runs a cleaning cycle after each page and errors out with no error ID #.  Press OK and it prints next page and goes through the same cycle. I've tried several solutions and reset found here but it doesn't fix it. What can I do to get rid of the error?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

When you press Ok, what message is displayed with Ok?  Is printer displaying a Mispick error?  If you print a single test page (ie, Supplies page), does it do the same thing?  Does Supplies page print correctly?

HP Recommended

The printer prints a page OK the error is "Device Error' with a yellow triangle error icon "Press OK" is lighted after the cleaning cycle. It will not print subsequent pages until you press OK.

During the cleaning cycle there is a tiny error triangle blinking in the upper right corner. When you press OK the printer prints the next page, no message until it's finished. This happens no matter how many pages in the document, if it 10 pages I have to do it after each page.

HP Recommended

Go to the secondary service menu,  To print the event log, open the secondary service menu, select
Service Reports, and then select Error Report.  Review the error for specific error.  If you have a 41 series error, a scanner cable may have come loose during fuser removal.  Please send error recorded on list.

HP Recommended

the event log shows 41.2000

HP Recommended

First, Perform restore factory reset.  Power off.  Remove all toners.  Disconnect network, fax, USB cables.  Remove power cable for 10 minutes.  Re-install only power cable.  Power on.  Install a  toner and close door.  When display ask for next toner. install toner and close door.  Same for last two toners.  When Ready is displayed, perform three consecutive calibrations.  Then, print Supplies page.   If Beam detection error (Laser unit (Scanner) communication error) remains,  reset all laser scanner cables.  

HP Recommended

Followed your instructions and had to open up the machine to reset the cables.  It still does the same thing and the cleaning cycle squeaks now. I'm open to any other suggestions if there are any.

Thank you for your help, it's appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.