Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

My HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 suddenly started having paper jam and roller turning issues. Error message Ox61000020 comes up on printer display. Virtual assistant told me this message means the printer needs a service and I need to speak to agent online. When I try to do this a message comes up that they're unable to help at this time

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The printer carriage has jammed and I have traced the failure to a broken plastic gear assembly. It is responsible for moving the absorbant pads under the carriage assy. By not installing it at all, I discovered it also moves the paper during the printing process. I have forwarded a picture of the gear assy to HP and they don't think that it is a user replaceable part. I have contacted a distributor in Texas and they also said it is not a user replaceable part. HP Tech Support is worthless. I hate to throw the printer in the trash for a simple plastic part.

If you are interested, I am including some utube posts which show how to dissassemble the printer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeJOPX5u3yQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8p9s7kICNE

Below is a picture of the part.

20201004_carriage_gear.jpg

 Good luck!

For a lot of printer engineers, I mean to share how to take apart HP 7500A multifuction printer including copy, printer, scan and fax. This is not the video I took. Just I took this video on the internet with my smartphone to share how to take apart HP 7500A on the Korean website. This will help ...
HP printers often give an error code which is different everytime. For example it can be same issue, but can have an error code 0x60000xxxxxx and so on and would change everytime you hit ok. In any case, first try to check if there is a piece of paper or a small object inside the printer, then try
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your reply. In fact it turned out that in my printer's case, all I needed to do was clean the printhead and do an alignment! It's a pity the error message didn't link to this advice in any way when i first did Virtual Assistant. It got there in the end though. All fine now. Sorry you had so much trouble with your printer 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.