Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet MFP M29w
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I get a false paper jam.  I can print a test page.  I can scan a document and print it.  But when I send a document from the laptop I get a Paper Jam notice and it won't print.  I tried disconnect the power supply (saw this on Internet).  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@EdinVA2020, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

How is the printer connected to the MAC?

Are you using regular US letter size papers?

Make sure the papers are correctly loaded in the input tray as shown in this document - Loading Paper, Envelopes

Also, perform the steps mentioned in this document - An 'Out of Paper' error displays, printer does not pick paper

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Try printing. If the issue persists, reinstall the printer as shown in this document - Printing with Apple AirPrint

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.