Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9015
Ubuntu LTS

Printing thousands of pages on my second HP OfficeJet Pro 9015, duplex and draft mode. Works great. Then after over 100,000 pages the printer said "Paper Jam" when there was no paper in or near the printer. Occasionally turning it off and leaving it sit overnight it would work for a while and then "Paper Jam" again when nothing was stuck in it. HP calls them "False Paper Jams" and suggested getting another printer. So I did. But I kept the previous one to experiment on. There must be sensors that respond when paper should NOT be somewhere. Maybe they were being triggered by something else. The 9015 sprays around a lot of black ink after thousands of pages. Maybe they obscured some photo-electric sensor with ink mist. Looked around and found two of those that were black with ink. Cleaned them with a moist tissue and, voila, the printer prints again. I just finished printing 2,000 pages with the "fixed" printer. Printer Status Report now says 111,274 pages printed! Hope this helps someone. Photo shows where those two sensors are. There may be other sensors - I just have not found them yet.PHOTO SENSORS.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.