Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-01-2021 05:15 PM
I have an HP Officejet 6700 Premium and am getting the message 'The original is jammed in the automatic document feeder (ADF). Open the ADF cover, remove and reload the original, and then try again.'
This is a false paper jam error. I have cleaned all the rollers and contact points and unplugged the printer from the wall socket and back of the printer. None of this has worked. The printing mechanism seems to be working as I am able to print a copy by placing a copy on the flatbed and selecting copy.
Would someone be willing to send me instructions on how to do a reset of the printer?
01-10-2021 03:38 PM
Welcome to the HP support community.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Here are the steps:- Click here
You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community