Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Older P2055

Hi so i got a couple P2055's doing the same thing , i replaced the rollers and sep pad  and cleaned the pickup solenoids , but it seems to jam out of both trays . Stops about under the cartridge or sometimes at the fuser. Generally it says “ paper jam under cartridge”. I took out and cleaned the registration as well , i suspect that it seems like something is dragging down the system , system timing. I tried different cartridge but that didn't help. Wondering if there is anything that is common for this type of jamming on these models? I am suspecting the fuser may be tightening up , but not sure . Thanks for any help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The P2055 has basic jam detection.  The pickup roller advances paper up to the registration area where the paper engages the top of paper sensor, PS912.  If the top of page sensor does not detect leading edge of paper, a jam error will be displayed.  If PS912 is defective, the paper usually stops under the cartridge and is blank.  If you print a Supplies Page, test page stops under cartridge, and page is blank, I would think that PS912 may be the issue.  Take some canned air and blow out the registration sensor area.  If Supplies page has an image on it, could be a laser unit or ECU.  Also, make sure the Duplex pan is clear.

I am a forum volunteer.  I do not represent HP.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.